Monday, February 17, 2014

Research on DVD Inlay size.

I have been looking into the standard Amary DVD insert size. We have been asked to use millimetres when setting up the template in PhotoShop, however I have found the following diagram (in inches) which I have found useful: 

DVD Amaray case wrap template
 

Dubs and Dupes.com, DVD Amaray™ Case Wrap Template. [online] Available at: <http://dubsanddupes.com/amaray.php> [Accessed 13 Feb 2014]


On the basis that 1 Inch = 25.4mm, I have the following conversions: 

Full Bleed: 279.4mm x 190.5mm
Cut Size: 273.05mm x 184.15 

   As these dimensions are conversions, I have decided to see if I can find any other documentation to confirm that I am proceeding with the correct dimensions. I have now found the following images: 

DVD Cases

 CD-Info.com, DVD Cases, [online] Available at:<http://www.cd-info.com/packaging/dvd-cases/> [Accessed 13 Feb 2014]




 Supporting Documentation for use with Amaray Cases -   Inlay Card Dimensions 
Amaray, 2011, Product Specification Supporting Documentation for use with Amaray Cases, [online] Available at: <http://home.amaray.com/pdfs/Inlay & Booklet Specs complete.pdf> [Accessed 27 Feb 2014]



I have also found this information: 

Dimension Specifications Design Template
 
Wamp-it.com, Dimensions Specification Design Template, [online] Available at: <http://www.wamp-it.com/library-document/design-guide-amaray-case-14mm-inlay-paper.pdf> [Accessed 02 Mar 2014]


Based on the information that I have found above, I have decided to use the dimensions as follows: 

inner 275mm width
inner 181mm height

bleed 285mm (5 mm each side of inner) width
bleed 191mm (5 mm each side of inner) height

cut (2.5 mm between bleed and inner edge) width
cut (2.5 mm between bleed and inner edge) height


   I have created a document in Photoshop that is 285mm x 191mm. I have created the guides by selecting menus View > New Guide. I have set up guides to show the bleed area, cut line and safe area. I have also inserted guides to show the spine area of the inlay. I have saved this document and will use it as a guide for the first part of my assignment.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment